pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Weirdness ... giganews ....

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Weirdness ... giganews ....
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 17:06:30 -0500

On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 15:38:37 -0700, Duncan wrote:

> Beartooth posted
> <address@hidden>,
> excerpted
[...]
>> What's wrong, and what do I do about it?

> Often, the problem is a bad socket open. [...]

> The problem is that there are several steps to opening up that
> connection
>[...]
> Sometimes the  loose ends
> remain until the application that started the broken one terminates.)
> That appears to be what happened to you.  Restarting PAN allowed the
> kernel to clean up the broken sockets and new ones to be opened.
[...]

If I read you right, it was most probably yet another cracked app on
Adelphia the Utterly Accursed. And it's the only broadband I can get ...
<sigh>

So closing and reopening Pan was the one thing I could have done, right?
Shades of M$ .... <sigh>

Many thanks! At least I feel less helpless, and less of a fool ...

--
Beartooth Staffwright, PhD, Neo-Redneck, Double Retiree,
Not Quite Clueless Linux Power User : Fedora Core 4 [etc]