pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 23:32:39 -0600

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 14:49:41 -0700, walt wrote:

> Perhaps there are other reasons for wanting to keep groups in a
> subdirectory/folder/collection?

Different uses; I use gmane for pan-users and pan-devel, a private server
for work-related stuff (actually, three different private servers), one
for the pov-ray groups, and one for the vmware groups.  I use the same pan
instance for everything (obviously), but since each grouping of groups is
used for a different purpose, I really prefer to have them separated.
When I'm handling the groups at work, I don't need to be/want to be
distracted by the povray groups, so having a separate list of subscribed
groups is helpful for that.

In total, I'm subscribed to about 170 groups - having all of those in one
list would be problematic for me, both organizationally and from just
a pure usability standpoint.

Jim