pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news serve

From: Brad Rogers
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Aggregating servers (was Re: choosing news server)
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:28:27 +0100

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 23:32:39 -0600
Jim Henderson <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello Jim,

> In total, I'm subscribed to about 170 groups - having all of those in
> one list would be problematic for me, both organizationally and from
> just a pure usability standpoint.

About 60 groups, in total, here.  In the latest betas, I can view 45
groups without having to scroll the group list, which I dislike doing.

I keep sets of groups separate so as not to confuse me.  It's mostly
historical, since I now have broadband, download time isn't really an
issue anymore.  When I had dial-up, I kept the binary ng's in one set,
because I only loaded the headers, and then pick 'n' mis what I d/l'd.
With the text groups, I load headers and articles automatically.

Aggregated servers are fine.  Just as long as I have the option to
select which one(s) I use at any given time.  If this means different
user profiles, so be it.

--
 Regards  _

You never listen to a word that I said