pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: problem with passing url to Firefox

From: mike
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: problem with passing url to Firefox
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 01:16:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 18:23:02 -0500, Charles Kerr wrote:

> mike wrote:
>> [quoted text muted]
>
> Hi Mike,
>
> This was a 0.101 bug that was fixed in 0.102.
>
> cheers,
> Charles

Kewl, so its not just me. ;)

I think the latest version of pan on Seer-of-Souls is the .101. I guess
I'll have to just keep checking back until they get a newer version on
there.

I like pan a lot and am trying to get it loaded on my winxp box also. I've
been an Xnews user for years. Only I seem to be having a problem with
getting all the files in the gtk setup to appear to pan. I installed the
2.8 version per the instructions in the download page. Everything seemed
to install OK. I copied pan.exe and the .dll file into a directory
together but when I run pan I keep getting error msgs about different
.dlls being missing. I search for them and they are in the install
directory for GTK. For some reason windows is not seeing it. I created a
shorcut for pan.exe and set the path for GTK in the 'Start In' field on
the shortcut tab. When I run the pan shortcut I get a msg box "The
procedure entry point g_file_test_utf8 could not be located in the dynamic
link library libglib-2.0-0.dll". I assume you created the app using the
same 2.8 gtk program. So, is this an erroneous error msg or is there a
newer version of the libglib library?

I really like the speed of the new pan on my Mandriva box and was hoping
it would be equally as speedy on the xp box. I'm anxious to get it
running there too. Thanks Charles.

Mike