pan-users

[Pan-users] [0.104] Early problem report

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] [0.104] Early problem report
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 15:02:52 -0700

Hi Charles,

I want to alert you to a serious crashing problem with 0.104 -- I'm
sorry that I haven't yet figured out a way to demonstrate it properly,
but no matter how I trigger the crash, the message is always the same:

pan: header-pane.cc:613: int
<unnamed>::column_compare_func(GtkTreeModel*, GtkTreeIter*,
GtkTreeIter*, void*): Assertion `0' failed.
Aborted

I've seen this crash at least half-a-dozen times in my first half-
hour of testing, so it's not hard to trigger.  As far as I can tell
at this very early stage of testing, the problem has something to do
with switching between the 'Subscribed' groups and 'Other' groups.
That's my early impression, anyway, with no hard evidence yet to
support me.

I'll keep testing for a reproducible trigger and get back to you.

As always -- thanks for pan!