pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] How to launch web browser under OS X

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] How to launch web browser under OS X
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:20:13 -0500 (CDT)

> In the xterm window, I tried typing both
> BROWSER="/Applications/Safari.app/Contents/MacOS/Safari"
> and
> BROWSER="/Applications/Safari.app"
> before launching pan, but to no avail.  Is this the
> correct way of setting an environment variable?

What shell are you using?
Assuming you're using bash, there are at least two ways:

 % export BROWSER="/usr/bin/browser"
 % ./pan

and

  % BROWSER="/usr/bin/browser" ./pan

The former says "set this variable until I change it or
the shell closes"; the latter says "set this variable until
the next shell prompt."

cheers,
Charles