pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: font spacing and attachment directory

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: font spacing and attachment directory
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 11:31:07 -0700

Duncan wrote:
[...]

> ~/.pan2/preferences.xml, I still see an entry similar to the following:
>
> <string name='default-save-attachments-path' value='/home/user'/>
>
> I'm guessing you can text-edit that entry directly, pointing to where you
> want it to be...

Not necessary.  That value is set from the Save Attachments dialog box
by changing the 'Custom Path' (i.e. the default path for all groups).

The Save Attachments dialog is confusing for me as it stands now, so I'd
like to hear some other ideas on what it should look like.

I see two scenarios at the time the dialog box appears:

1) There is no default save-path for this group yet, so the dialog
should offer the *option* to set one.

2) There is already a default path for this group, so the dialog
should offer an *option* to a) change the default or b) use another
path for this attachment only.  (I think that changing the system-
wide default from this dialog box is too confusing -- unless there
is a button labelled 'change the system default' which would open
the system preferences dialog box.)