pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Modal "Next" and "Back" buttons?

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Modal "Next" and "Back" buttons?
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 22:49:17 -0500 (CDT)

>> "Next", "Next Thread", "Prev", and "Prev Thread" would have their
>> behavior modified by the four checkbox states.  "Unread" would be
>> checked by default the first time you use Pan.  Pan would remember
>> your checkbox settings in subsequent sessions.
>
> I like it especially if there is a way for Pan to visually tell me what
> mode I am in.  I seem to get lost somewhat once and awhile  ;-)
>
> The statement above does confuse me though, so the default view would
> only be to show unread messages?

No, these buttons in the Go menu wouldn't change the view at all.

The "Unread" checkbox being checked means that Next/Prev would
go to the next or previous article.

Maybe it would be clearer if the menu buttons used elipses
to join the actions and the modifiers:

        Read More (space)
        Read Less (backspace)
    -------------------------------