pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.106 "Umi De No Jisatsu"

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: Pan 0.106 "Umi De No Jisatsu"
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 09:47:32 +0100

On 8/10/06, Kelly Martin <address@hidden> wrote:
I've been compiling every release for the past month or so. Using
0.107 now. Two tiny requests (the first might be considered a bug) :

(1) When I save attachments, there isn't a "saved" icon anymore...
this existed in the old Pan, and without that icon it's very difficult
to know which attachments have been saved and which haven't.

I will add a vote for this. In fact, I will add:

(1b) In old pan, I seem to remember that clicking an article or binary
thing that pan thought was "current" but the server then reported as
"expired" would cause it to change to a red "X" icon. I have not seen
this in new pan, which just fails to display the article.

(2) ability for Pan to remember my save directory, for attachments...
so it doesn't prompt me each time. The old Pan also did this. :) Maybe
there could be a toggle somewhere in the config for prompt/don't
prompt?

I seem to have made my version of pan do this, but I cannot remember
how :) Was it an option somewhere on the save dialog?

(3) Is there a way to pre-cache articles and files. I would like to
multi-select a block of articles that I want to download for later
reading/saving, and then right-click and download - I think this was
also possible in "old-pan"

Other than that, I have no further requests!! Keep it up, Pan is great.

I can only agree with that sentiment.

:)
Steve