pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Group context menu on Mac

From: David Shochat
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Group context menu on Mac
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:06:41 -0400

Jeff Berman wrote:
I don't know if this will help, but there's a checkbox
controlling three button mouse emulation in the X11
application's preferences (X11->Preferences).  On my
system, in which right clicking works by clicking my
mouse's right button, the checkbox is checked. However, it sounds like maybe you have a one button
mouse.  Try unchecking the mouse emulation box and
let's see what happens.
If I do that, then nothing will bring up the menu. However, I can see from the text accompanying the checkbox that it it intended that cmd-click is the way to get right mouse functionality. So it's not a Pan thing at all. Very strange that this X11 app is distributed by Apple, yet it violates their own UI rules. Yes, I know they got it from XFree86, but still...