pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.110 won't post more than one article

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan 0.110 won't post more than one article
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 15:53:41 +0000 (UTC)

Benjamin Esham <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun,
03 Sep 2006 11:01:21 -0400:

> Since I updated to Pan 0.110 I can't seem to post more than one
> article in a session.  I can open Pan, and the first article is
> posted without error, but when I try to post another Pan just
> displays the "Posting..." dialog forever and the Tasks window shows
> no activity for the posting task.  Quitting Pan and opening it again
> allows me to post one more article.
>
> I'm not exactly sure that this is what's happening; it may be that
> Pan won't post after a certain amount of time, as opposed to a
> certain number of posts.  I'll file this as a bug report, but first I
> wanted to ask if anyone else was getting this behavior.  I'm using
> Mac OS X; I built my own Pan using libraries from Fink.

One post per session would certainly be a no-touch-it show-stopper for me,
so I'm glad that bug hasn't hit me here!  Gentoo ~amd64 system, everything
compiled from source, naturally.

I'd therefore tend toward the opinion that it's either your OSX/Fink
platform, or something specific to your system.  Hopefully someone else on
OSX can help you on that, but it's not a general problem in any case, or
there'd have been more reports of it by now.