pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] [0.111] 'Save As' dialog -- a question for Charles

From: Kevin Brammer
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] [0.111] 'Save As' dialog -- a question for Charles
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 16:32:17 -1000

On 9/4/06, walt <address@hidden> wrote:
I've posted this idea before, but I'd really like to get
feedback from Charles before any release candidates go
out.  Question:  which one of us is backwards?  ;o)

My problem with the existing 'Save As' dialog is this:

When the 'Save As' dialog pops up, the 'Custom Path'
radio button is pre-selected.  Now, because I almost
always want to save attachments to the *Default* path
for that particular group, I have to stop and click
on the 'Default Path for Group' radio button every
time.

To me, this is just backwards:  the 'Default' path is
the one that I want 99.9% of the time, so that one is
the choice that should be pre-selected, not the 'Custom
Path'.

If, on the other hand, I have not taken the trouble
to specify a default directory for that group, *then*
the 'Custom Path' should be pre-selected, and of
course I still have the option to specify a group-
specific path if I want to.

If anyone doesn't understand my question, please yell.
If anyone thinks I'm wrong please tell me why.  (With
the exception of my wife, who thinks I'm always wrong.)

Thanks, Charles!

I totally agree as well.  I was just logging in to search the
discussions to see if this had come up yet.  I prefer the old
releases' behavior of right-click -> save article attachments, and
away it went.  No dialog or anything.

Aloha,

Kevin