pan-users

[Pan-users] Rules (was: Tools menu in Pan 0.111)

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: [Pan-users] Rules (was: Tools menu in Pan 0.111)
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:46:15 -0500

arndalebilo wrote:

That's what I've done with 0.110 and 0.111 - no more probs with the spell-check but no 'rules' etc. in the menus. I used a rule to automatically download articles for offline reading. Guess I'll have to try 0.14.2 from source.

Most of what had been in the `Tools' menu has been moved to other menus,
but `Rules' haven't made it back in the rewrite due to lack of interest.

The only uses of `Rules' that I've heard of with any frequency were
(1) automatically delete some articles, and
(2) automatically fetch (i.e., cache) other articles.

IMO a simpler interface for this would be checkboxes in
Edit|Preferences|Behavior:

  [x] Automatically delete ignored articles
  [x] Automatically fetch watched articles

It sounds like you're wanting something similar to this for offline
reading.  Does this sound like a good idea to you?

cheers,
Charles