pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: ANN: 0.113 "0.113 is one of Nakata's favorites"

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: ANN: 0.113 "0.113 is one of Nakata's favorites"
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 00:24:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 13:23:47 -1000, Kevin Brammer wrote:
> I just found that when I compiled .113, I had to delete my .pan2
> directory, otherwise I suffered the same effects as .112.  Maybe it
> was some pan-generated config file, or a corrupted cache of some
> sort...no idea.

Me either ;o)  But I know for certain that pan crashed on your machine
because it read a file which contained something it wasn't expecting.

Kinda the same as answering the telephone and hearing something so
unexpected that you faint dead away...

This is a problem which is far bigger than any one program.  Don't
interpret my comments as a criticism of pan.

I'm hoping that someone in our audience will have enough smarts and
enough energy to solve this problem for *all* software.  But I'm
not holding my breath...