pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: FQDN and hostname

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: FQDN and hostname
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:15:33 -0500

walt wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 21:37:42 +0100, Thufir wrote:

Is this a pan or leafnode problem?  I'm fairly sure that pan is generating
the message-id, when, perhaps, it's best left to leafnode...?

Based on my quick tests just now, I'd say that pan is letting the server
generate the message ID.  In my case, the MID reflects which server I'm
using to post.  I'm posting this message thru gmane, so I would expect
that my MID for this message will indicate gmane, of course.

Other opinions?

Sounds right to me.

I haven't added the fqdn feature back into the rewrite yet, though
it's something I've been meaning to do since some people use that
feature to watch their own threads.

Charles