pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: smtp server

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: smtp server
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 23:52:41 -0500

Matthieu CASTET wrote:

with new version of pan (0.113) I am not able to reply by newgroup and
mail :
- I don't find where to configure my smtp server

English : Mail is related to your mail client. So, you have to configure
it in your mail client. See Edit / Preferences / Applications.

What mail client should I use :
- unix mail failed [1]
- mutt not always works (if there is quoted text, the mail body is empty).
- I don't know which command to use for mozilla and how to chose a profile
for sending to mail.

You'll need a reasonably modern mail client.  Anything that handles
mailto: urls should do fine.  Evolution, KMail, and Thunderbird all
fit the bill, as do a few others.

Charles