pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: No search widgets in 0.113

From: Johan Ovlinger
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: No search widgets in 0.113
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 19:24:40 -0400

Duncan wrote:
"johan ovlinger" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 26 Sep 2006 15:40:34
+0000:

That's an awful old gtk, I have 2.10.3 here:

$equery l gtk+-2
[ Searching for package 'gtk+' in all categories among: ]
 * installed packages
[I--] [ ~] x11-libs/gtk+-2.10.3 (2)

I've been meaning to upgrade it, but my box started out as FC 2, I think, and the repositories are getting thin on the ground; by now most rpms are franken-upgraded to a mis-mash of half installed from source, half installed from rpms others have rolled up, and half are just out of date.

One of these days I'll just do a clean re-install, but gawd, that's a pain I'd just as well put off indefinitely. ugh.

I'll see if I can't coerce GTK2 to install on the machine.

Charles has been fighting to keep pan compatible with gtk+-2.4 for the
entire release cycle.  He'll release something that doesn't quite work in
the old one, someone will file a bug about it, and he'll figure out a
compatible way to do it that works on old versions too, fixing it for the
next weekly beta.  Looks like this is yet another iteration of that cycle.

So... if it's not fixed in 0.114 (I don't see anything like that listed
in the 0.114 announcement closed bugs list), file a bug on it and he'll
probably have it fixed for pan 0.115...  or perhaps he'll give up and
require 2.6 or better, but he hasn't yet, so this will probably get fixed
too. =8^)