pan-users

[Pan-users] downloaded messages no longer marked, plus a request

From: jef_e
Subject: [Pan-users] downloaded messages no longer marked, plus a request
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 11:31:44 -0400

I don't see a bug for this on a quick search, but with 0.115, I am
seeing that over time, downloaded articles are losing their downloaded
designation icons. If I close a group, go to others, then eventually
come back to a group, I see that articles that I've downloaded are no
longer marked as downloaded by the stacked disks icon.

Am I missing the bug report for this? If anyone can confim, I can also
file one if it doesn't exist already.

This touches on something I'd like to see make a comeback -- New vs.
Unread vs. Read -- even though when I first started using Pan, I didn't
see the benefit. If I didn't want an article, I'd delete it. If I
downloaded an article, it was marked Read. Unread allowed me a nice
middle ground to hold on to a message for later processing

Right now if I want to just see New messages, I have to mark
*everything* as Read before I leave a group. Or, I have to leave
everything as New, making it hard to see what actually *was* new on the
most recent group load.

Not having the downloaded designation stick adds to the problems when
trying to work with groups that I don't care to process immediately. Any
suggestion on how to set filtering so that I can imitate the old
behavior easily?

jef