pan-users

[Pan-users] Groups list retrieval

From: Guilhem Bonnefille
Subject: [Pan-users] Groups list retrieval
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 23:10:10 +0200

Hi,

I'm new to pan. I recently moved from 0.14.x to 0.116 because of the memory consumption and the need of multi-server threading.

I'm quite surprised with this new version. I set some servers before refreshing group list but I'm unable to collect group list.
After few hours of "refreshing" one of my pan instance retrieves 440000 groups, on each of my desired servers (news.free.fr and allnews.readfreenews.net ). I'm not sure these servers have such list. I think they have something like 120000 groups. It seems that something goes wrong here, like a deadly loop.

Then, on an other user, I started the new pan, but I act differently. Now, I only ran pan some minutes. So it collected only 30000 groups info on each servers. Then I closed it and restart it. The group list is always empty. Where are my 30000 groups?

I also noticed that, each time I consult the servers list, when I close this dialog, all the currently active tasks are cloned: I started with 2 group list refreshing tasks, I opened and closed the server list dialog and then I have 4 tasks.

Any help would be appreciate.

PS: I'm running Debian GNU/Linux in testing flavour, and some "unstable" packqges (like pan).
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE
-=- #UIN: 15146515 JID: address@hidden MSN: address@hidden