pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Offline Reading in Pan

From: Darren
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Offline Reading in Pan
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 20:21:47 -0400

Will Shattuck wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've searched the mailing list archives, and probably have missed what
> I'm looking for, but I cannot seem to find a setting that allows me to
> cache all the (new)articles when polling newsgoups.  I found that I
> could select all the articles in the article pane, then select "Cache
> Articles".  It will cache top level articles in threads, but not the
> sub articles.  I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't seem to
> find the setting.
>
> I'm using Pan 0.117 on Windows XP Pro.
>
> Thanks,
> Will

I am not sure if this is the "right" way to do it but this is how I do
it, I hit Ctrl-D to select all then D to select the sub threads.  This
is also available under the edit Menu.  I then select Cache Articles
just like you do.

After thinking about it I do think that having a Ctrl-D's description
say select all articles but really only select the top articles is a bit
odd....