pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Offline Reading in Pan

From: Will Shattuck
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Offline Reading in Pan
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:10:34 -0700

On 10/26/06, Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:
"Will Shattuck" <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden,
excerpted below, on  Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:51:50 -0700:

> I'll have to post a feature request for adding an "Offline"
> function that automagically downloads the bodies and one for a GUI
> location to set the offline cache setting.

I don't believe the cache size setting will be made a GUI option.  Charles
is trying hard to keep the preferences fairly simple, and the existing
setting works decently well for text users and those binary users that
save files off directly rather than downloading to cache.  Having the
setting exposed in the config file where it can be tweaked via text editor
is fine.  There are a number of other "advanced" settings only
configurable by tweaking the config files directly, too, so this isn't the
only one.

That makes perfect sense.  I won't request it then.  Thanks.

The automagically downloading bodies feature would be nice, tho.  It's
likely to be available at least for watched messages for 1.1 as part of
the auto-handle-scoring stuff (so along with auto-delete ignored,
auto-mark-read negative scored).  After the functionality is added for
that, it should be fairly easy to simply add a checkbox to do it for all
non-negative scored posts, instead of just watched posts.

Sounds good.  I'll keep looking for the addition.

--
Will Shattuck  ( willshattuck.at.gmail.com )
Home Page:  http://www.thewholeclan.com/will

When you get to your wit's end, you'll find God lives there.