pan-users

[Pan-users] download stops by itself

From: joe smith
Subject: [Pan-users] download stops by itself
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 18:59:34 -0700 (PDT)

I start pan, add some tasks to the queue and walk away, after a while (could be
an hour or a week) I might find pan open and running but not doing anything
(i.e. not downloading), the app is not frozen as I can work within it.
in the older version nothing other than quitting and restarting the app seemed
to work.

I've encountered the same problem with the latest version (on a newer version
of the OS) but on this one I was able to just hit "restart tasks" and pan
started downloading again.

I would like to know:
a. is this a known bug or am I the only one to see it ?
b. I would like to set up some mechanism to do a soft reset to the app every
hour or so (maybe through cron). it there any signal I can send the app or
command line switch to establish the restart ??

thanks.