pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: A multi-server question

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: A multi-server question
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 08:09:21 +0000 (UTC)

Bruce Bowler <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 25 Mar 2007
14:30:21 +0000:

> OK, I hate replying to myself but...  I also had to move the folder
> "groups" out of the way and perform some significant editting of
> newsgroups.xov in order to get things the way I want them.  Of course
> after moving "groups" out of the way, pan "forgot" all of the headers
> that had already been downloaded :-(

So as I feared, it wasn't as straight forward as simply editing the
newsrcs.  I had been surprised when you indicated it was, as I knew there
were other files tracking the various things.

However, you could have probably left the individual files in the groups
dir for what you wanted to keep, and only removed the ones for what you
didn't.  Then pan would have remembered what you wanted it to in that
area, while forgetting what you wanted it to as well.