pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Missing articles

From: Matej Cepl
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Missing articles
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 11:15:59 +0000 (UTC)

walt scripst:
> There are five icons on the toolbar which apply built-in filters.  Do

The only which I have set on all the time is "Match only Unread Articles",
but then when pan tells me (in groups pane) that the group has so-and-so
unread articles, I would expect to see them. Soemtimes their headers are
in the header pane, sometimes even that isn't so. So, for example, the
parent of your message (my own message from 13:27) has header in the
header pane, but I cannot see its body. Sometimes it helps to select whole
thread (D key) and load all bodies (L), sometimes even that doesn't help
-- the blue loading sign flickers for some messages and then nothing
happens, and the icon is cleared off automatically.

> you have any of them clicked by accident?  What about the Search Widget,
> which is *not* cleared automatically between groups -- any text typed
> in?

Spare me these trivialities -- I have been struggling with this for couple
of weeks on two computers (one i386 laptop, other x86_64 desktop).

> Do you see the same problem with different news servers?

yes, both with gmane.org (and yes, it works pretty well with gnus) and
news.felk.cvut.cz (which is huge university server in Prague -- if there
was something screwed up with their configuration, I would know about it).

Best,

Matěj

--
http://www.ceplovi.cz/matej/blog/, Jabber: ceplma<at>jabber.cz

They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review
       of Pennsylvania, 1759.