pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Imcomplete jpeg reassembly

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Imcomplete jpeg reassembly
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 23:53:57 +0000 (UTC)

Homer Simpson <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Mon, 09 Apr 2007
23:54:57 +0200:

> Yes, I have this too. This happens with version 0.1.42 and also with
> 0.1.26, but only when I'm using pan with Windows, never with the
> Linux-Version of pan.
>
> Hydrian schrieb:
>> Hey all.  I have been having this problem for a while, but if I try to
>> view an article that has a jpeg in it that has multiparts.  It only
>> shows the data from the first message and then leaves a black area
>> where the image is missing data.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Please... pan encourages replies after quotes for a reason.  This is the
pan list, please don't post upside-down.

I remember when the Linux version had the problem.  It was bugged and
fixed (I believe someone with the problem was able to figure out the
issue and submit a patch).  Apparently, either the differences between
platforms or possibly gtk+ versions caused it not to work on MSWormOS
still.  For anyone with coding skills, however, checking the bug database
for that old bug and hopefully the patch that fixed it could be a great
help in tracking down the remaining problem on MSWormOS.