pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Imcomplete jpeg reassembly

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Imcomplete jpeg reassembly
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:14:50 +0000 (UTC)

Homer Simpson <address@hidden>
posted address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 10 Apr 2007
01:10:00 +0200:

> I'm using the Windows stable version 0.1.42, but I have the same problem
> with the 0.1.26 beta for Windows.

Your version numbers make little sense.  I believe your 0.1.26 is one of
the latest betas, 0.126 (no second dot), but am unsure about the 0.1.42,
unless it's 0.14.2 (or possibly the later 0.14.2.91 or so).

Note that the old C based 0.14 series is now unsupported.  The new C++
rewrite started with 0.90, and is now 0.126 (with 0.127 on the way).
While it's still officially beta, it's quite stable, with 1.0 the first
stable from the series hopefully soon (of course, last summer I was
saying by end of year, and Charles said he couldn't see why it wouldn't
be out in August... obviously there was rather more to be done than
either he or I supposed).  Actually, altho it hasn't been officially
stabilized, given the long and intensive development of the 0.1xx series,
anything since about 0.118 or so (with a couple exceptions when the
wrapping code was changed) has IMO been more stable and less bugs than
the "stable" 0.14.x series, so I'd recommend the latest 0.126 for folks
that normally run stable as well.  That goes double since the old 0.14.x
series isn't even supported any more.