pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Possible crash when out of disk space while downloading

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Possible crash when out of disk space while downloading group headers?
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 08:44:46 +0000 (UTC)

"CH Low" <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 05 May 2007 13:41:24
+0800:

> So my question is whether pan has any provision for the .pan2 directory
> running out of space while downloading headers?  It should not crash but
> gracefully stop or alert the user, right?

Formerly, it stopped, you are correct.  However, a recent bug has/had it
not stopping.  I believe I saw a fix for that already logged in the CVS
version as of a couple days ago...  Yes:

r239 on 2007-04-20, Bug 431552 – 0.127 no longer stops downloads when out
of drive space.

However, r242 on 2007-04-21 was the 0.128 version bump, which would have
included r239.

Maybe the fix was only for bodies, not headers?  I'd suggest finishing
your test, and if it's indeed overviews/headers (tho over a gig of
headers is a /lot/), file a bug.  Of course also file one if it's not
that but still seems to happen.  r241 IIRC fixed a crash on corrupt
header files bug.  Maybe there's another or maybe the fix made things
worse in some cases.