pan-users

[Pan-users] Possible crash when out of disk space while downloading grou

From: CH Low
Subject: [Pan-users] Possible crash when out of disk space while downloading group headers?
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 13:41:24 +0800

Hi,
I am running on 0.128 and while downloading a newsgroup with lots of
messages, say alt.binaries.multimedia, pan crashes when I only have
around 1.3GB left on my home directory.  I'm guessing that this
particular newsgroup needs more than just 1.3GB to store the headers.

Now I'm not a 100% sure that increasing the free space in my home
directory will solve the problem yet as I'm still trying to verify this.
 This is because I just noticed the lack of free space on my home
directory so I'm trying to redownload headers from this particular
newsgroup again after increasing the free space.  It will take a while
though but I just wanted to put this issue out there.  FWIW, I did not
notice this particular problem earlier when running 0.127 and earlier
versions.

So my question is whether pan has any provision for the .pan2 directory
running out of space while downloading headers?  It should not crash but
gracefully stop or alert the user, right?

Chee