pan-users

RE: [Pan-users] Re: Body pane blank when subjects contain yenc > (/2)

From: Travis
Subject: RE: [Pan-users] Re: Body pane blank when subjects contain yenc > (/2)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 13:43:16 -0700

address@hidden wrote:
> walt wrote:
>> On Wed, 09 May 2007 10:55:22 -0400, Van Reuther wrote:
>>
>> The dozen or so I've tried have all displayed normally. Can you save
>> one example 'as text' and see what encoding was used?  Do you see
>> the same result on 100% of the multi-parts you try?
>
> On closer inspection it does not seem to be specifically yenc
> articles.
>
> I'm currently navigating alt.binaries.pictures.comics and
> every article
> that has a number greater than two (/2) in the subject don't
> show up in
> pan's body pane for me.
>
> If I save an article as text I get the appropriate number of
> text files
> (4 in this case) and when I inspect the first one I see this:

> From: address@hidden (Dell4c)
> Sender: address@hidden
> Newsgroups: alt.binaries.pictures.comics
> Subject: Chip N Dale #12 (40 of 42) Chip_N_Dale12-034.jpg (1/4)
> Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 17:34:12 -0500
>

> begin 644 Chip_N_Dale12-034.jpg
>
>       <encode gibberish removed by me>
>
> So, if the multi-part is greater than 2, can I turn that back
> on somehow
> or is it something outside of pan controlling this?

I have noticed in the last few releases of Pan that if a .jpg has more than 2
parts the .jpg doesn't show in the body pane but the .jpg is saved properly.
I just thought it was built that way.  I mostly use Pan for multipart video
files but sometimes the poster will post a grab of the video and I like to see
what some of the movie is like.  I curerently use Pan 0.128.  I should add
that I love Pan.
--

Travis in Shoreline Washington