pan-users

[Pan-users] [0.130] Deleting multiple articles

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] [0.130] Deleting multiple articles
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 03:48:22 +0000 (UTC)

While trying to delete thousands of old posts from a binaries group I
follow, I've tried selecting 'all' articles and hitting the Delete key.

I've not actually let it run overnight (yet) but after twenty minutes
or so of 100% CPU usage I run out of patience and kill the pan process
before the delete finishes.

When I select a few thousand articles manually, pan takes one to two
minutes of 100% CPU usage to finish deleting them.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

A tangential question:  in the Header Pane, what is the difference, if
any, between Ctrl-a and Crtl-d ?  Both keystrokes seem to select all of
the articles.

Thanks!