pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: slrn and pan living together in harmony?

From: Matej Cepl
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: slrn and pan living together in harmony?
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 10:09:12 +0200

On 2007-05-21, 17:07 GMT, Duncan wrote:
> I'd suggest you use symlinks instead, or tell slrn to use the
> default pan one if it can be so configured.  It hadn't occurred
> to me to try to change the pan config in that manner, but it's
> possible that's why it's failing.

Just you may like this:

address@hidden ~]$ rm .pan2/newsrc-1
address@hidden ~]$ zcat ~/.newsrc.zaloha.gz >~/.newsrc
address@hidden ~]$ ln -sf ~/.newsrc ~/.pan2/newsrc-1
address@hidden ~]$ ls -l ~/.newsrc
-rw------- 1 matej matej 1746122 kvě 22 10:01 /home/matej/.newsrc
address@hidden ~]$ ls -l ~/.pan2/newsrc*
lrwxrwxrwx 1 matej matej      19 kvě 22 10:02 newsrc-1 -> \
    /home/matej/.newsrc
address@hidden ~]$ pan
address@hidden ~]$ ls -l ~/.pan2/newsrc*
-rw------- 1 matej matej 1746122 kvě 22 10:04
/home/matej/.pan2/newsrc-1
address@hidden ~]$

I don't like program which ignore symlinks ...

But I will try other way around.

> OK, your grep-only and question about the return code betray
> the same lack of familiarity with strace.

Oh well, you are right, if ``other way around'' fails as well,
I will try better stracing.

Thanks for reply,

Matej