pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Automatic selection of the posting profile

From: Bruce Bowler
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Automatic selection of the posting profile
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:49:26 -0400

> Would it be possible for Pan to automatically select a posting profile,
> based upon the server carrying the group to which I'm posting?  This
> doesn't seem like it would be that tricky, but it would be a huge
> convenience.  Any thoughts?

+1 vote for me.  Especially since I brought it up here a while ago :-)

However, I realize there are potential pitfalls.  Suppose the group is
carried by more than one server?  Suppose one of the servers doesn't
allow posts (and suppose that state changes :-)  None are intractable
problems, but there are certainly higher priority issues to be
solved/implemented.

Bruce

--
Bruce Bowler        | A bird in the hand is safer than one overhead.  -