pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: alternate editor again

From: Rhialto
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: alternate editor again
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:27:28 +0200

On Tue 26 Jun 2007 at 23:58:30 +0000, Duncan wrote:
> In a few years, I expect compiled from scratch will begin to take off, as

In fact, the pkgsrc system (which originated on NetBSD but is also the
official package system on DragonflyBSD, and works also on various other
Unixen and Unix-likes) is based on compiling everything from source.
You can also install pre-built binaries, but then you're much less
flexible in choosing the options that some packages have (for instance
to include support for some plugins, or a gui, or whatnot).

> Duncan - List replies preferred.   No HTML msgs.
-Olaf.
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl        -- Cetero censeo "authored" delendum esse.