pan-users

[Pan-users] Out of Order messages

From: Frank Tabor
Subject: [Pan-users] Out of Order messages
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:52:13 +0000 (UTC)

I use a news server, (Supernews), that creates message numbers out of
order.  So here lately I've been getting some phantom message counts in
several groups.  The group shows New Messages in bold, but as soon as I
select the group, the bold numbers disappear and there are no new
messages.  I've turned off my filter views to make sure it's not filtered
messages.

I have checked the groups, and there are only three doing it, with
another reader from the same server, and there are a considerable number
of messages that I don't have.  The headers haven't been downloaded.

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

--
Frank Tabor
All the troubles you have will pass away very quickly.