pan-users

[Pan-users] gmane users, please check gmane.linux.gentoo.project for me

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] gmane users, please check gmane.linux.gentoo.project for me
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:09:46 +0000 (UTC)

gmane.linux.gentoo.project is a new list/newsgroup on gmane.  I've
subscribed to it but am getting no posts.  As of a few minutes ago when I
did a telnet troubleshooting session, there were actually 37 posts there
that should be coming thru, but pan isn't seeing any of them.  Despite
the fact that I'm subscribed and the groups do appear and remain in my
subscribed list over a pan restart, and the fact that I've repeatedly
fetched headers (overviews) to try to bring them in, newsgroups.xov still
has no entry for the group, and pan has created no
groups/gmane.linux.gentoo.project file at all.  The entry in the
appropriate newsrc file is as follows:

gmane.linux.gentoo.project: 3,6

and the entry in newsgroups.ynm is:

gmane.linux.gentoo.project:m

Finally, the entry in group-preferences is (local username save path
obscured for posting):

<group name="gmane.linux.gentoo.project">
    <string name='character-encoding' value='UTF-8'/>
    <string name='default-group-save-path' value='<local path'/>
    <string name='posting-profile' value='lists'/>

and there's no entry in newsgroups.set, tho I'm not sure there would be
until I actually posted.

If telnet news.gmane.org 119 says there's 37 posts in that group, and I
can actually pull them up in telnet using either group sequence number or
message-id, why isn't pan pulling them up?  Surely it's a bug, but before
I file it, is it specific to my pan (SVN commit 309, about says 0.131),
or is everybody's pan failing to see anything in that group?