pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: gentoo

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: gentoo
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:15:30 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 06:52:38 +0000, Thufir wrote:

> For whatever reason, recent versions of pan are masked in gentoo, wheras
> fedora runs a more recent version off the bat...

I assume it's masked because 0.131 truly is still only a beta version
even though only minor bugs remain.  Gentoo normally avoids marking
beta packages as stable.

I'm posting this from my gentoo-unstable machine just to make sure that
0.131 builds and works, which it does.  I usually build pan2 from svn
on my gentoo-stable box, but this build appears to be identical to my
usual one so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the gentoo ebuild as
perfectly usable as-is.