pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: gentoo

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: gentoo
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 16:51:39 +0000 (UTC)

walt <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:15:30
+0000:

> On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 06:52:38 +0000, Thufir wrote:
>
>> For whatever reason, recent versions of pan are masked in gentoo,
>> wheras fedora runs a more recent version off the bat...
>
> I assume it's masked because 0.131 truly is still only a beta version
> even though only minor bugs remain.  Gentoo normally avoids marking beta
> packages as stable.

I run ~amd64 for my entire system, so would be using the ~arch pan
versions there, except... I created a pan live-svn ebuild for myself, and
update using it rather regularly, so am not using the Gentoo ~arch pan
ebuilds at all (tho my svn ebuild was based on them, and a couple other
in-tree svn ebuilds from which I learned how to use the svn eclass).