pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Can no longer ./configure pan 0.131

From: Van Reuther
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Can no longer ./configure pan 0.131
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:58:24 -0400

David Shochat wrote:
Van Reuther wrote:

checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no

Your gcc (g++ is the c++ compiler) seems to have uninstalled for some reason.
What struck me odd is c++... no.
I thought c++ is the cpp package? If so, I have:

No, cpp is the C preprocessor. The C++ compiler in gcc is normally invoked as g++.
Would something like this be a pan bug or a configure bug or a bug somewheres else?
Not a pan bug. I guess you need to install the development tools. It is mysterious why they vanished. I assume dpkg confirms that they're actually gone, rather than just not on your path or something...

The upgrade did strip out g++ and all of the development libraries for it along with GTK+ and pcre. With your and Duncan's info, I was able to put back missing packages and re-compiled pan 0.131 which no longer crashes. Thanks!