pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan downloads & combines multi-part msgs

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan downloads & combines multi-part msgs
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:09:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:22:25 -0500, Roger T. Imai wrote:

> About Saving messages, I don't know what the difference is between
> Saving a message and Caching a message is...

Any old articles in the cache will be pushed into the bit bucket when
pan needs to fetch new articles and the cache has already reached its
size limit.  This happens *frequently* when downloading binary posts,
so if you haven't told pan to save the attachments you may lose some
of what you've downloaded.  I think this may be true for single-part
binaries but, OTOH, my experience has been that pan won't even fetch
multi-part binaries until I've told it where to save the attachments.

> BTW, I'm also using v0.120, and I'm a Linux newbie.

There were many significant bug fixes after 0.120 so it's important
to upgrade to avoid crashes and corrupted pan data.  Let us know if
you need help upgrading.