pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Strange 0.131 behaviour on openSUSE 10.2

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Strange 0.131 behaviour on openSUSE 10.2
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 03:03:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 23:48:41 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> I've not seen anything like that, but with my machine specs (dual
> Opteron 242, not so special now, but 8 gig memory, root and home on a
> 4-disk RAID-6, etc) I'm not really the one to ask about it.

;-)  Yeah, this is a low-end T42p with 2 GB of memory and a Pentium M in
it.  The odd thing is that it was fine on 10.1, but part of the reason I
was replacing the OS was file corruption - so it's possible that could be
the issue.

> I'd suggest trying a clean ~/.pan2 dir, resubscribing to groups, etc.
> It sounds to me like something might be corrupted.  Or create a clean
> new user and try pan in it.  Pan really shouldn't do that even if
> corrupted, it should spit an error saying what's wrong... ideally... so
> if you have the patience to trace the file that's doing it and can file
> a bug on it, that'd be useful.

I'll have a look through the directory (I clear the cache) and see if
anything sticks out.  I'd like to diagnose rather than burn it and try
again - I'm like that. :-)

Jim