pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Fetching headers by time?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Fetching headers by time?
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 16:53:39 +0000 (UTC)

Joel Parker <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 31
Jul 2007 11:16:01 -0400:

> Using 0.14.2, is there a way to fetch new headers for all my subscribed
> groups on a time schedule (like every 5 minutes)?

I don't believe so, no.  You can make 0.14 fetch whole messages when it
fetches overviews (wrongly called headers), but I don't believe you can
cause it to fetch either on a timed schedule.  New-pan, OTOH, can fetch
overviews on a command-line option basis, and can fetch individual posts,
but can't fetch posts from the overviews automatically.

Generally, the suggested workaround has been to use a proper news server,
leafnode or the like, and schedule it to do the auto-downloading.  Then
simply point pan at it.