pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: connecting to leafnode

From: Thufir
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: connecting to leafnode
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 06:29:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 06:18:42 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Does the connection close without allowing you to type anything?  If it
> does, then it's a problem with leafnode.  If the port wasn't open, you'd
> get a "connection refused" message (as if the daemon wasn't running at
> all).

Exactly -- it closes itself immediately.

arrakis ~ #
arrakis ~ #
arrakis ~ # cat /etc/xinetd.d/leafnode-nntp
# default: off

service nntp
{
        socket_type = stream
        protocol    = tcp
        wait        = no
        user        = news
        server      = /usr/sbin/leafnode
        disable     = no
}
arrakis ~ #
arrakis ~ # date
Sun Sep  2 23:28:06 PDT 2007
arrakis ~ #

I should've included that earlier.  I flipped that "disabled" to "no" a
while ago.

This looks to be a leafnode issue.  I'll take it over there for the time
being.  However, what server do you have pan configured for?  localhost?
leafnode?

thanks,

Thufir