pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Previews gone screwy

From: stevem
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Previews gone screwy
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 00:24:04 -0700

On Tuesday 25 September 2007 01:13:07 pm Mickaël wrote:
> Le lundi 24 septembre 2007 à 15:35 -0700, stevem a écrit :
> > Sometime in the last week pan stopped perviewing binary images.
> > The body pane shows just the top half or so of most images I
> > download. I haven't upgraded pan lately so I suspect a library.
> > Anyone one know which library controls decoding or display?
> >
> > Any other thoughts?  By the way this is pan under KDE on debian sid
> > 64bit.
> >
> > thanks,
> > stevem
>
> I have the same bug on my ArchLinux.
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/pan-users/2007-05/msg00036.html

That doesn't exactly describe my problem.  Postings labeled single part
fail as well. And the body pane isn't blank, the top of the picture
paints, then the remainder is blank or filled with garbage images.
Apparently, it can decode yenc.  It just can't render the results.

I dropped libxrender1  back to it's pre-upgxrade level but it didn't help.

Experience says patience is the key.  Someone's bound to see the same
problem eventually.  BTW this is AMD64 in case that matters.

stevem