pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How to change news servers?

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How to change news servers?
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:04:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:09:20 -0400, Thomas A Lawell wrote:

> I am using Pan V 0.129 on Ubuntu 7.10 and after adding extra servers I
> cannot figure out how to change from the first one I set up to any
> other!

The new rewrite of Pan uses all of the servers you give it, you
don't need to choose between them.  As long as Pan isn't complaining
about a server in the event log then everything is okay.

You might want to set your pay servers to the 'Fallback' mode
so Pan checks your free servers (if any) first, so you don't
waste your money fetching things you can get for free.

You should check through the Pan menus very carefully to see
what else you can change.