pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: How to change news servers?

From: Beartooth
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: How to change news servers?
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 20:56:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 22:04:27 +0000, walt wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 13:09:20 -0400, Thomas A Lawell wrote:
>
>> I am using Pan V 0.129 on Ubuntu 7.10 and after adding extra servers I
>> cannot figure out how to change from the first one I set up to any
>> other!
>
> The new rewrite of Pan uses all of the servers you give it, you don't
> need to choose between them.  As long as Pan isn't complaining about a
> server in the event log then everything is okay.

        True, with a caveat : You need a posting profile for each one you
post to, and you have to watch the From: line to make sure you pick an
appropriate one. (Yes, Pan will complain if you don't; but unless you
already have the profiles, it may bewilder you. Hint : one way to do this
is to use signature files you already have, but rename them to
accommodate the news server in Pan's name for the profile.)