pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Help

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Help
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 00:47:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 04 Nov 2007 23:55:47 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> walt <address@hidden> posted
> address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Sun, 04 Nov 2007
> 22:05:59 +0000:
>
>> On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:07:39 -0400, Bill Wright wrote:
>>
>>> I am new to Ubuntu I had PAN up and running, I don't know what
>>> happened but I can subscribe to a group request headers, then that's
>>> it. Nothing is downloaded, none of the message threads appear...

>> You mentioned that pan worked perfectly, but only once.  That would
>> make me suspect that something has gone wrong in your ~/.pan2
>> directory.

> This would appear to be another case of the bug I've mentioned several
> times now.  It has hit me on some groups, but not all.  I can confirm
> it's something local, that is, in the ~/.pan2 dir by default, but what?

Yes, I should have mentioned before that the contents of Bill's original
~/.pan2 directory could be very useful in making a diagnosis -- assuming
that starting over does fix the problem.

Bill, if starting over does fix the problem then please don't delete the
old .pan2.  Comparing the old with the new files may be the key.