pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Invert selection in headers list?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Invert selection in headers list?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 01:00:18 +0000 (UTC)

clarjon1 <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below,
on  Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:09:42 -0400:

> Is there an option/command to invert the selection in the headers pane?
> I'd like this so that I can, when i'm mass-caching messages to read
> offline, filter out uncached messages, select all cached, remove
> cached-only filter, then invert so that only uncached messages are
> selected.

You've demonstrably missed the obvious. =8^)

Just as you can click to sort on a particular column, you can click again
to reverse the sort.  This isn't a pan-specific feature but rather one
built-in to the underlying GTK+ GUI widget toolset that pan uses, and pan
has supported it for a very long time now (well before the rewrite, IIRC,
back to the GNOME/GTK+ 1 versions, so at least back to 0.11.x, most of a
decade at minimum).

It's also worth noting the thread/unthread option (under view/header-
pane, on the 0.90+ rewrite, including current 0.132), since threading may
be useful in the normal case but can be a problem when sorting for
particular tasks.