pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Invert selection in headers list?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Invert selection in headers list?
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 04:50:27 +0000 (UTC)

Duncan <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Fri, 20 Jun 2008
01:00:18 +0000:

address@hidden,
> excerpted below, on  Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:09:42 -0400:
>
>> Is there an option/command to invert the selection in the headers pane?
>> I'd like this so that I can, when i'm mass-caching messages to read
>> offline, filter out uncached messages, select all cached, remove
>> cached-only filter, then invert so that only uncached messages are
>> selected.
>
> You've demonstrably missed the obvious. =8^)

Well, that's half the story.  I think I missed a bit of obvious as well.
=8^)  You weren't trying to invert the sort, but the messages displayed
(or not).

However, at least for your particular case, sorting by cached status
(make sure that column is displayed in preferences, and thread/unthread
as necessary) should do what you need.  Sorting by cached status should
allow you to select uncached only, and do what you need to do.