pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Startup questions.

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Startup questions.
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 23:29:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 15:06:13 -0600, Tim Hogan wrote:

> I am currently running Pan v0.132 on Ubuntu v8.04 installed from the
> synaptic package manager and I have started to notice that if I have
> anything still in the queue when I exit Pan I cannot restart Pan.  If I
> try I get the following;
>
> pan: parts.cc:244: void pan::Parts::set_parts(const pan::PartBatch&):
> Assertion `pch == part_mid_buf + part_mid_buf_len' failed. Aborted
>
> If I delete task.nzb file then I can restart Pan.  Is there a fix to
> this?  I would like to be able to keep any tasks left over from a
> previous run.  Would trying to compile the version from svc fix this?

This has been mentioned before, but I can't reproduce it here.  I'm
running the latest svn as of today, so it couldn't hurt to try it.
There have been some patches committed by Charles just this week,
but I don't know if they would fix the problem you describe.

Pan2 is really easy to build *if* your machine is all set up to do
software development, but the default ubuntu install includes none
of the needed tools -- you'll need to install them yourself.