pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Newsgroup "descriptions"

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Newsgroup "descriptions"
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 23:05:55 +0000 (UTC)

Jim Henderson <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:20:15
+0000:

> I just noticed (as a result of a conversation with another NNTP user
> about this) that 0.132 doesn't seem to display the description fields
> returned by the news server when using the "list newsgroups" command.
>
> Or have I missed a setting somewhere?

Hmm... You're right.

It's a consequence of the UI design used.  Since unsubscribed groups are
listed in the same list... there's no separate list of groups along with
their description to look at, and it would seem kind of odd to have them
beside some (as not every group has a description listed) but not all
groups in the existing list.

I'm surprised that isn't a part of GNKSA.  Given the value Charles places
on maintaining that, if it was, descriptions WOULD be displayed.  He'd
find a way! =8^)